If you work on external linux machines (production servers, staging servers), then this post is for you. Suppose there is server, on which an application is running, Now each time you login to the server you need to go to the application path, at the same time you may also want to look at the … [Read more…]
• Install Emerald theme manager using Synaptic Package Manager.• Then select the theme you want.• Now press Alt + F2 and type emerald –replace • Then all you have to do is click on themes in emerald and they will automatically change.
• Read #How to add extra repositories sudo apt-get install mplayer libxine-extracodecs • An MPlayer plug-in for Firefox can also be installed: sudo apt-get install mozilla-mplayer • Run from menu: Applications -> Sound & Video -> MPlayer MPlayer Frontend (SMPlayer) • SMPlayer is an MPlayer frontend. • First you need to download the .deb package … [Read more…]
• Read #How to add extra repositories • Read #How to install Apache HTTP Server for HTTP (Web) Server service • Read #How to install PHP for Apache HTTP Server • Read #How to install MYSQL Database Server sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-auth-mysql • Select either php4-mysql or php5-mysql depending on which version of PHP you … [Read more…]
• Read #How to add extra repositories sudo apt-get install mysql-server • MySQL initially only allows connections from the localhost (127.0.0.1). We’ll need to remove that restriction if you wish to make it accessible to everyone on the internet. Open the file /etc/mysql/my.cnf gksudo gedit /etc/mysql/my.cnf • Find the line bind-address = 127.0.0.1 and comment … [Read more…]
• Read #How to add extra repositories • Read #How to install Apache HTTP Server for HTTP (Web) Server service sudo apt-get install php5 sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart • To test if php5 installed correctly gksudo gedit /var/www/testphp.php • (Optional) Insert the following line into the new file <?php phpinfo(); ?> • … [Read more…]
• Read #How to add extra repositories • Install: sudo apt-get install apache2 • Access http://localhost • Depending on how you setup apache, you may need to run a command to map public_html directories (inside user home directories) to ~. like, http://localhost/~aglow The optional command is: sudo a2enmod userdir • Restart: sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
• Put the following into your /etc/bash.bashrc file (after putting in the proper servername/IP and port number). Just include the server/port if you have no authentication on your proxy server. # Proxy settingsexport http_proxy=http://user:email@example.com:port/export ftp_proxy=http://user:firstname.lastname@example.org:port/ • Add these lines, open a new root terminal, and then run your apt-get from the command line.
Follow the instructions below : • Run the command sudo apt-get install vlc vlc-plugin-* • You may need to run this command sudo apt-get -f install • In order to stream video via vlc, you also need to install the following packages. sudo apt-get install avahi-daemonsudo apt-get install avahi-utils • A VLC plug-in for Firefox … [Read more…]
Using Menus Choose distribution-friendly repositories. These are part of the Ubuntu distribution system. This is the recommended method. System–>Administration–>Software Sources Check the repositories you think you will need (main, universe, restricted, multiverse). You probably won’t need the ‘sources’ repository. Add any third-party repositories. Such repositories are not monitored in any way. Some are quite popular, … [Read more…]